Is it getting warmer and sunny outside? Maybe it is time to think about the coming pool season. People around the world start their summer with opening swimming pools and there are a lot of things to do at this point.
Here are some tips that could help you make your pool pristinely clean and ready to go.
- The first thing you should do is to remove a winter cover from your pool. During the winter it may collect a lot of dirt, water and debris on it, so it might be quite challenging to pump off the water and clean all of these. However, there are special mesh safety covers which are designed in such a way that the wind blows all the debris and leaves off it and water or snow pass through it without actually polluting the water. If you are lucky enough to have one of these, it will save you a significant amount of time!
- After your cover is removed, cleaned, dried and folded, you should scrub the water line and the deck to make it look nice. Then reinstall your deck equipment, like ladders and diving boards.
- Now you need to add water, bringing the level back up to normal.
- The next step of yours is removing any freeze plugs and other items installed to protect against freezing. Clean your filter thoroughly if you did not do it when you closed the pool for winter.
- Start your filter system up. You should make sure that you primed the pump before starting the motor and all the air from the plumbing and equipment is purged. Check if there are any leaks or damage.
- Vacuum any dirt, algae, sand, or other debris.
- Finally, after cleaning the pool, it’s time to add an opening chemistry. It is better to allow the water to circulate for at least 8-12 hours, so that the water that was added has had time to mix with the water that has been in the pool. After that time, you can test it and then add the chemicals in the proper sequence to balance the water chemistry.
It is strongly recommended to leave this work to specialists to avoid possible damage and/or stains on your pool surface. Nowadays, there is a variety of companies specializing in servicing swimming pools, which can help you open your pool in a professional manner. Explore your opportunities and make the right choice.
Swimming is one of the most joyful activities during the summer. Prepare for the upcoming pool season today so you don’t miss a day once the summer is here!